Polymer Project

Home Project My Pet Polymer Project

POLYMER PROJECT

Plastics have now become an integral part of human life and one cannot out rule out the Pro’s of plastics usage; And on the other hand the Con’s of plastic usage can be drastically reduced if certain pointers to deal with plastic waste are followed by people, commercial industries, governmental bodies and environmental agencies. Just condemning and banning the use of plastic is hardly a solution, and at best a knee jerk reaction. Responsible Recycling is the way forward.

It is a proven fact that Plastics have many negative effects on the environment; when burnt, they infuse the air with toxic fumes which contain chemicals, including dioxins, which have been linked with cancer as well as the increase of green house gases (GHG). The vast majority of plastic that are destined to end up in the environment start clogging of sewers, drains and polluting top soil and ground water, and with unwarranted littering just un-tidies the landscapes. Plastics are a major threat to aquatic life and livestock. Animals ingest plastic bags, mistaking them for food, and die. Ingested plastic bags remain intact even after the death and decomposition of the animal.

At present the consumption of plastics in India stands at around 12MMT and the per capita consumption is about 10Kgs, growing at around 15% annually and likely to increase to 20MMT by 2020, and the per capita consumption increasing by 100% in the next 10 years. India is tipped to be one of the top 3 plastic consumers in the next 5 to 7 years.

Based on current plastic consumption patterns India generates about 6MMT of plastic waste annually. About 35% of this is recycled in some form or the other, the balance 65% is left to degrade the environment. On the Municipality levels there is some awareness that is being created to check this nuisance; however there are no strict rules and regulations that are being enforced and zero or very little definite policy or legislation.

It is NOW high that every responsible citizen along with active and inclusive participation by Corporate Bodies / Commercial Establishments / Municipal Authorities and Policy/Decision makers come together and enforce rules for recycling and processing of all plastic waste.

AAF has a project plan to process all kind of Polymers which are recycled and converted into synthetic wooding and converting them to valuable products like Doors; Windows; Garden Furniture; Pellets; Fencing; Picnic Table & Other Garden Furniture etc.